Thursday, April 5, 2007

Thesaurus, Me and Thesaurus.

It was a convivial day with my cool mates just now. We was at Pasir Ris park mimicrying every single incomer that walks passed us. It is cool to do that. I feel we could swarm ourselves with this reigning game again. We has the tendency to mock incomer is fun. You boring people should wrench inside our bag and try it one ornate day. Although we were narcoleptic, but we had ostentatious time. Heh. I want to repose now because I'm feeling torpor already. ZzZzZz...

Don't you want to give a round of loud applause for me since I can write such GOOD command of English?

Every sentence has at least one, if not two or more, cheem-sounding word and since it's already too cheem for almost everyone reading it, no one will bother to detect my grammatical errors, if there's any, mind you, since I already have such powderful Engrish. So, you people should start tagging how awed you are with my writing. Don't forget the multiple smiley faces after the full stop. Thanks!

You see, Twats believe that the more you litter your sentences with one too many bombastic words, the cooler you are than anyone else because only sentences with bombastic words are deemed as "good" English. It doesn't matter if it's structurally wrong, doesn't make complete sense, or evidently redundant. Just coat every sentence with big words, and you are one step closer to winning the Pulitzer Prize.

How can it be good English when they can't even get the SIMPLE rules of English right? Here are the common mistakes made by Twats who think they can be perceived as someone who has GOOD English:

(Sentences are from random Twat's blogs that has an overload of cheem English words but never right in every sense. Address will not be revealed due to carelessness on author's part.)

Common mistake #1:

-Although I was lethargic, but I had a stupendous time.

Did you fall asleep during English class Miss? Although and but should NEVER be together! It's either although or but. Choose only one! D'oh?

Common mistake #2:

-Please held my hand and never surrender to harsh days.

You sure held is the present tense? So what is hold? You can't even get your past and present tense right my dear! How's that for a good writer?

Common mistake #3:

-I felt I am in a dark bowl of hole and no one can ever save me. I was so hopeless.

*faints* Read above comment.

You call such English GOOD? Stop pulling my leg, come on!

I don't have a problem with Twat #1, Ms. Elfiana actually. She may have made grammatical mistakes every now and then but I am not as anal as Dr Marrion. I can disregard all that, unlike Twat#2's case.

Oh, I forgot to introduce myself. I am, as what you have read on the top-right side of this page, Prof Marrion. I am *squeals* Dr Marrion's cyber-wedded wife. While he may have obtained the coveted Doctorate in English Studies eons ago, I am still climbing the ladder. With his guidance and *squeals louder* sweet patience, I hope I will be as good as him.

Don't compare me to him all right. I am but a loyal wife who just boosted his damn ego.

Back to Twat #2's case. Like what she wrote, she's still learning and that it's inevitable to err because, well, she's still learning. But that introductory section is too much of a sore to the eyes and I almost puked my intestines out when more often than not, your "friends", feed you with compliments about your "good" English.

What is the world coming to, we ask. Tsk.

Now I am not sure when did the trend of "please use big words when writing and you will be sure be admired by many" emerge but it seems to be practised religiously by teens now, or famously known as, Twats.

I have been making my rounds recently and I noticed that they are quite a number of people trying so hard to be on par with the rest of their peers, by plagiarizing, regurgitating, etc. But does all that really gain you the fame of a "good writer"? Does writing that way means you have the attributes of a "good writer"?

I know it's cool to be looked upon as someone who writes naturally well, with hundreds of readers hogging your blog everyday, topped with endless compliments and the like. But if the thesaurus is your best friend for every piece of entry you're posting all the time, with words that don't even make sense, who's at the losing end? The twats!

It's not entirely wrong to refer to the thesaurus at times, but twats refer to it every second whilst writing, hoping to find an alien-sounding word that no one knows of, and blindly fit them in, without even checking the MEANING.

And it's not only Amirah, there are other "good writers" too. More on the upcoming posts.

Yes, Dr Marrion mentioned it before but he was emphasizing more on their stupidity, with which I wholeheartedly concur upon, no doubt. :)

(edit)
Amirah has changed her blog profile to a nice, simple, useless bombastic words-free profile. So we can stop being anal about it now.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

(/edit)

No comments: